Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Play

My biggest goal in homeschooling isn't to have the smartest, most wonderful at xyz, or even honor roll grades.  My biggest goal in homeschooling is to give them complete control of their future.  I want my children to love what they do.  I want to open up a creative side of my children that most don't even know exists.  When I say I homeschool my children right now, honestly, we might have a worksheet here or there but most of our day consists of reading books, singing songs, and playing.



Play is a HUGE part of our day.  Creating, destroying, building, imagining, roll playing are all ways we "do school".  Yes, the kids will learn important skills just like most children in school, but my biggest goal for our children is to ENJOY "school" in ways they understand.




No comments:

Post a Comment