Friday, January 3, 2014

Eggs Up

My kids crack me up - the day after I post about my amazing egg waffles Tink asked for plain ol' eggs this morning...  My Mom gets eggs from a co-worker that raises hens.  He takes great care of his birds and they produce amazing eggs.  I wanted to show the difference between your conventional supermarket egg and a home-grown egg.


Now, look at the yolk difference.  Clearly the homegrown egg (on the left) is much darker than the supermarket egg on the right.  Not only is the yolk darker, but the white is  much more clear.  Ok, you're probably thinking.. I don't really care what it looks like.  This is where it gets interesting... Not only does it look better, it tastes better too!  AND - Here's the kicker!!!  It's much more nutritious!  Here are some interesting stats:


Just look at the difference!  Yes, they can be more expensive, but they provide so much more nutrition than your every day supermarket egg.  Also knowing they come from a chicken that is being taken care of is a huge bonus for me.  

I decided to make the kids' eggs a little more "fun" this morning and used cookie cutters once their eggs were done.  Tink thought it was amazing and asked for another egg... Bean was unsure about eating his snowman.  It took some coaxing, but he finally did it and he really enjoyed it too!  

What kind of eggs do you eat?





Don't forget to enter my Natural Healing Necklace Giveaway!


No comments:

Post a Comment